Big Earth Water Hackathon Oct/Nov 2018
Do you love Planet Earth and want to preserve it for future generations? Come and be part of the solution at this Autumn's Big Earth Water Hackathon. Participants are challenged to find solutions to planetary water problems. Solutions can be software/data, hardware, or policy related.
This FREE Event Includes:
- Global Issues: an eight week competition tackling important problems related to water on planet Earth
- Mentors and Workshops: provided by our sponsors and faculty for exploring and finding solutions to water problems
- Problems: Solve your own problem or tackle a defined problem from an industry leader/faculty member (see PROJECT TOPICS)
- Teams: of 1-4. Don't have a team? We can find you one!
- Prizes: Several awesome prizes for different categories and free t-shirt for participants
- Earn Credit: Participants have the option to earn course credit by enrolling in a two-unit class linked to the Water Hackathon. Add CEE163H, EARTH163H or GEOLSCI163H to your Axess study list
We had an awesome kickoff event on October 6th, but it's not too late to join in the action! You can still register and gain access to mentors and advisors and upcoming workshops from Google Earth Engine, Descartes Labs, Mapbox, and Satellogic.